The long weekend is a great excuse to pack up the family and travel for a mini vacation to enjoy the fireworks and celebrate our country's independence. If you and your family plan on spending the patriotic holiday away, there are several things to keep in mind before you leave. Check out our travel tips for a safe and fun Fourth of July.
1. Make a List- It's important to be organized before a trip, especially if it's a last minute idea. Make a list of everything that you need for yourself and for the kids. As you are packing it will make it much easier to check everything off the list and it takes away the worry of whether or not you forgot anything.
2. Check Train, Bus, and Traffic Schedules- Whether you are taking a train, plane, or automobile for your mini vacation, you want to be self assured that you are on time. Keep up to date with train, plane, bus schedules to see if they are running on time. Leave yourself plenty of time before leaving. There is nothing worse than running late while traveling with kids because it puts stress on everyone. If you are traveling by car, check the traffic routes to find the best way for your family. Sitting in traffic with little ones can make a road trip tougher than it needs to be.
3. Bring Entertainment- No matter which way you plan on traveling for the long weekend, make sure that you have plenty of things to keep the little ones occupied on the way. We love to keep a bag of older toys that they haven't played with in a while so that it keeps them interested for a longer period of time.
4. Bring an On-The-Go Emergency Kit- Although we would love to prevent it, accidents do happen while we are away. Make sure to pack a bag of accident essentials and keep the bag with you at all times. Have band-aids, thermometer, fever reducer, and any other first-aid essentials you might need.
5. Have Fun- The holiday weekend is all about celebrating our country's independence and spending quality time with family. Sit back, relax, and have fun with your family.
Looking for more fun ideas for the holiday weekend? Check out our Pinterest board for treats and crafts for the whole family.