Last update August 31 2013
We are committed to respecting your privacy and recognizing your need for appropriate protection and management of personally identifiable information you share with us. (The phrases "personally identifiable information" or "personal information" mean any information by which you may be identified, such as, but not limited to, your first and last name, home, billing or other physical address or email address, telephone number or other contact information, as well as any information about any purchases made through the web site, shipping address, gender, occupation, birthday, marital status, anniversary, interests and credit card information).
As a part of our commitment to your privacy, Big City Moms supports and adheres to the guidelines and practices adopted by the Direct Marketing Association's "Privacy Promise to American Consumers." We have agreed to (1) provide customers with notice of their ability to opt out of information rental, sale or exchange with other marketers; (2) honor customers' requests not to share their information with other marketers; and (3) honor customers' requests not to receive mail, telephone or other solicitations from Big City Moms.
COLLECTING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
In general, you can visit many of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We may track the Internet domain address from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but individual users will remain anonymous, unless you voluntarily tell us who you are.
There may be times (such as when you purchase or order a product, subscribe to a service, or participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, etc.) during which we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as described above. Such personal information may be stored by us. We also maintain a record of your online product purchases. We may also combine such information with information that is publicly available, collected through data collection devices, and information that we receive from our partners, affiliates and other third parties.
Whether or not to provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to purchase products, or access certain services, offers and content on our web site.
USING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your purchases and provide the products you request;
- To confirm and track purchases;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and accuracy;
- To prevent and detect fraud or abuse;
- To improve the web site, content, services, product offerings, marketing and promotional effforts and overall customer experience;
- To identify product preferences;
- To understand customer demographics, preferences, interests and behavior; and
- To contact you (via email, poster mail or telephone) regarding content or products that we believe may be of interest to you.
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with the following trusted partners:
- Service Providers. We use trusted third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including shipping, processing, data storage, management, webhosting, web analytics, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing and emailing. These service providers only receive personal information if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use any personal information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by Big City Moms.,
- Special Events. If you choose to participate in a special event (e.g., promotion, contest or sweepstakes), we may share your personal information with those organizations participating in the the event. Unless we tell you otherwise, these third parties will not use your information for any purpose other than to manage the event. We may authorize trusted partners to send you information about products and/or content that may be of interest to you.
- Partners. We may share and/or cross-reference information, including personal information about you that will enable our partners to contact you regarding content and/or products that may be of interest to you.
- Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection. We may, and you authorize us to, use and disclose any information, including personal information, as follows: (i) to the extent we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or as otherwise required by law; (iii) to other companies and organizations for credit card fraud protection and risk reduction; and (iv) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
- Business Transfer. Your personal information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company, assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
EDITING, UPDATING, CORRECTING AND DELETING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us or from our trusted partners please let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your email address, full name, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, street address or other personal information with us please contact us the same way.
Please note that sometimes these requests may take up to 6-8 weeks to be effective, particularly if we are removing your name from postal mailings. In addition, when you choose to enter a sweepstakes or other promotion, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive communications.
Please remember, if you delete certain information you may not be able to continue to purchase products or access other portions of our web site without entering additional information.
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. Our web site is a general audience site. We do not permit anyone under the age of 13 to register with us. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13 without their parent's consent.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children’sonline activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.
In some instances, we may collect data through "cookies," web logs, web beacons (also known as pixel gifs or action tags) and other monitoring technologies to enhance your experience on the web site. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Generally, we use these monitoring technologies to remind us of who you are, tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests, estimate our audience size, assist our online merchants to track visits to and sales at their stores and to process your orders, track your status in our promotions, contests and sweepstakes, and/or analyze your visiting patterns.
You can generally set your browser to not accept the foregoing or to notify you when you are sent these monitoring technologies, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
We are committed to the protection of the personally identifiable information you share with us. We use sophisticated encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of your personal information. While we strive to safeguard your personal information once we receive it,, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result,, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web site, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will do our best to protect its security on our systems.
We urge you to keep your password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet cafe.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES